Saturday, November 3, 2007

Struck by the Word

Lewis Grizzard is one of my favorite comedians. If you are not familiar with him, he was origially a sports writer and newspaper coloumnist. This led to books and stand-up comedy. He was a cross between Jeff Foxworthy and Jerry Clower, leaning more to Jerry. Lewis once said that his grandfather stopped going to church when he found out the preacher kept notes. Grandpa felt like God should just zap the preacher on the back of the head right before he stood up.

I suppose that Ol' Grandpa Grizzard would like my blog if he were around. Everytime I sit down in front of the computer with a blog in my head, I start typing and something completely different comes out. My last entry, for instance, I sat down to type one thing and the finished product was not what I had intended. The first pargraph or so is the same, but after that it is usually night and day.

To be completely honest, this whole post is not what I sat down to write. I had one all planned out about how wonderful Annette is and how excited I am to be marrying her this weekend. Yet other words flowed. This is proof of God working in my life.

Want further proof? I nearly flunked english in school! Not just one year, every year! I still have Annette proof read just to make sure everything looks right, but usually there is very little that needs to be changed, mainly puncutation. There would need to be more changed if it were not for that other blessing that God has sent to people like me; spell checker.

God takes our weakness and turns it into a witness for Him. Sometimes I wonder if God sits on His throne and says "Hmm...this person hates speaking I public, so I'll call him to be a preacher!" From those I have talked to, these are generally the best people, the strongest witnesses.

How much more could God do if we just got out of His way and let him work through us? Take a step back today and let Him zap you on the back of your head and do His work through you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aslan said...

I totally identify Jeff!
If we could just get out of His way WoW! How different the world would be. Good writing pal and your wife Annette did a fantastic on the graphics of your site.
Both of you keep up the good work

Saturday, November 03, 2007 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I must be totally dense! You're marrying Annette?! I did notice the similarities between the picture on Annette's profile and yours but I didn't really think they were one and the same. Duh. Anyway- congratulations!

Saturday, November 03, 2007 2:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeff:

I can relate to what you say. It's a release when I can get past my stubbornness. All the best with your blog.

Saturday, November 03, 2007 6:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Layout by Annette @ Show Them Through Me