Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Odd Habits

We all have our quirky and weird habits. I, for one, am no exception. I guess one of my strangest is that I will not let anyone else iron my clothes. This is a hold over from my military days. If the uniform was not right, especially during inspection, it was all on me. If you were called out for it, telling them that your wife ironed it for you was not exactly a good excuse. Plus it gave me the chance to look it over closely for any threads or such.

I will say that Annette has finally convinced me to allow her to do this. As I write this, she is ironing my clothes for tomorrow. I don't know if she will want to do it again. I'll probably point out something and she'll turn the duties back over to me.

The other hold over from my military days is that all my clothing have to be hung facing right. This was only required during basic training, but I still do it. I have done it since basic training. It was several years afterwards that it occurred to me that I still had the habit.

Annette has one that I just noticed the other day. Sunday to be exact. This habit does not bother me. In fact, I became very fond of it once I noticed it. Let me preface it with this: I firmly believe that she is a gift from God to me.

What she does is during the prayers at church she reaches over and holds my hand. I know that this does not sound like much, but it is. Its like God telling me that He is there and reminding me that He has it all taken care of.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Beason said...

I didn't realize I did that!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's amazing, simply put.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 1:01:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wait till you get a load of my quirks...

I have to finish the food on my plate EVENLY. All must me the same proportions, otherwise I will put some back.

When driving, I like taking corners fast because I like the feeling of being thrown around. And if I have a passenger in my car, I try to get them to spill their drink. (yes this amuses me) :)

I absolutely....at all costs....without fail...MUST BE ON TIME!!! Really, I'm always early (for whatever) so I wait outside and count the minutes on my watch, then I enter...exactly on time!!!

I am a sock fanatic!!! Love socks!! Any kind of sock whether they be Haines or booties with ladybugs.

I cannot open a can upside down - it makes me crazy to see people do that.

There's more but you get the jist. (my husband is stranger than me. I'm not that bad at all compared to him) :)

Friday, November 02, 2007 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger Bishop Larry C.&; Sis Brenda Scott said...

Please don't feel strange. I myself am a former military person and I still fold my underwear. Can't seem to break that habit. The good thing is this: you have opened a door for Annette that was closed before. . .think about it.
Have a wonderful day!

Saturday, November 03, 2007 8:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Layout by Annette @ Show Them Through Me