Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Main Ingredient of Success

When we look at celebrities, sports stars, well known business leaders and famous musicians we do not see the fights and struggles. Without seeing this, it appears that they just got there. They are an over night sensation. Many times the real story is much different.

I've read that the Beatles were turned down by several record companies. That Harrison Ford was working as a carpenter when he got his first part. Both Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein were told that they were not smart.

None of these people let the opinion of others hold them back. They didn't allow someone else's rules to confine them. Their self-worth and vision of the future came from their soul, not outside influences. They let their failure build them, not tear them down.

I've been thinking about this for several days. I've even had someone bring the subject up with me. They told me that the main ingredient of success is failure. I've come to the conclusion that I now have all the ingredients for success. I will no longer let these failures dictate my self-worth. Since then I have been very much at peace with myself and where I'm at now. I know it won't be an easy path but I'm ready to take it.