Monday, October 29, 2007

Rollercoaster Ride

I hate weeks like the one that I now face. Its going to be such an emotional roller coaster. Madison's funeral will Wednesday. That is the down side. Now the good news...Annette and I are going to finally get married this Sunday (click her name to read about it in her blog).

Yesterday Madison's mother, Lindsey, called me and asked if I would be a pallbearer. To be honest, I was taken aback. I have never done this, but I feel honored to be a part of the service. It will be tough for me, I am already thinking about the time that I was in there shoes. Not to mention that she will be buried at the same cemetery that my own son is at. My father, both grand-fathers one grand-mother and an aunt are all there also. So I think while we are all gathered together, we will all make the rounds so to speak.

Over the last few years I have not been close to this side of my family. This, however has brought us together. In fact, several cousins and close friends of the family have agreed to come to our marriage. this is very exciting for me. They have never been there when I got married.

In fact my mother will be there also. This is big for me as she hasn't been there either. She joked that maybe with her there it would make it stick. We really didn't plan on anything big partly because we were not sure if anyone would really want to be there. I have just been over-whelmed at the people that want to be there for us.

It means so much to me not only to be able to marry the most wonderful lady, but to have my friends and family there to support us and our decision. And yes, if your in the area you are more than welcome to come. Just e-mail one of us and we will give you details.

That, in a nut shell, is the roller coaster. Anyone care to ride with us?