Sunday, November 11, 2007

Spiritual Exhaustion

General George S. Patton once said "I don't like paying for the same real estate twice". Sometimes it seems like that is all I do. Every step forward I make, either spiritually or emotionally, it seems that something happens to push me back a step or two.

I have not posted in a couple of days because I have just been tired. Not from work, although that hasn't been helpful, but because I am emotionally and spiritually worn out. It feels like everyday there is something new on my back. Another bill, the kids need something, I have to be two places at once...and on and on...

I tend to be a negative person. There are a lot of things that are good right now. Annette is working again. Neither one of us makes that much per hour, but together we are actually not doing too bad. Its just playing catch up on everything. I suppose that is what has gotten to me.

I just keep reminding myself of what J.R.R. Tolkien said, "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens". The road seems dark only when I fail to see the light, so I just keep going on my faith.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. - Psalm 119:28

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:28-31

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. - Psalm 55:21-23

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:6-8

Be well and have faith in Christ. Have peace in your Father's love. For he is merciful toward us and will protect us from the raging storms around us. He will deliver you, and hold you in his hands.

Sunday, November 11, 2007 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen, Andrew.

Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff Lee said...

God's taking care of us. I know it's hard to keep hearing me say it, but we both know He is. We just have to keep thanking Him even in the bad times.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:50:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

Oops...that last comment was supposed to be from me, not from you...lol.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Layout by Annette @ Show Them Through Me