Monday, November 5, 2007

God's Gift to a Father

The one time in my life that God has used me to lead someone to Him was the most amazing experience. If this never happens to me again, I will die a happy man.

My church at the time was doing a witness training program. It consisted of an hour or so of classroom time and then we would go out into the community. It was actually very successful. Many people where coming to know Christ or re-dedicating themselves.

I get my kids every other weekend. We did this training on Sunday evenings, so my children were not generally around at this time. This one particular Sunday, they stayed as there was no school the next day.

The church had someone watching kids while the adults went out visiting and witnessing. The group I was with returned a little early. We were discouraged because no one on the list was home. So, I sat down outside and began to review that evenings lesson. My son saw me sitting there and came out to join me. He asked what I was reading so I told him it was how to present the gospel to people. He wanted to know how, so I began to go through that night's lesson with him.

When I was done, I looked up and saw a tear on his cheek. I asked him if he would like to accept Jesus in his life. Jeffrey is very shy, he just shook his head and said no. It was about time for the night service, so we went in.

During the invitation at the end of the service, I could see that he wanted to go up there, but he was just too shy. After the service, he looked at me and said "Dad, I think I need to go talk to the preacher, will you go with me?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! :D

Monday, November 05, 2007 8:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praise God for that!

Thursday, November 08, 2007 4:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Layout by Annette @ Show Them Through Me