Monday, December 10, 2007

New Job

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. The new job has got me EXTREMELY busy. Who would of thought a toy store was busy at Christmas..lol!

I have been working about twelve hours a day. Add to that a forty minute commute and most of my day is gone. I have been assured that it will get better by the 26th of this month.

The crew that I have been in charge of is the overnight stockers. They are all seasonal workers and they don't really care about their job. I have lost five people this week. Two of them just stopped showing up, one got into an argument with someone so we asked him to leave. The other two, well, we caught them stealing.

I have always hated letting people go, but the two that were stealing just upset me so much that I was relieved to watch them leave. I saw the video, they waited until I was walking one of the ladies out to their car then took a very expensive item.

All told though, the job is not bad. I have had problems adjusting to the overnight shift. That is only temporary, I should be back to days after the holidays. Right now I am getting plenty of hours, I put in nearly sixty hours in five days. Just knowing that I will be able to get Annette and the kids a little something for Christmas has kept me going.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate working in the night shift. well, i had one job before that required me to be at work at exactly 5 a.m. i hated waking up early in the morning. hehe...

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger pmonchet said...

Yes, we also hire plenty of seasonal employee during Christmas season.
The sad part is hiring those kind of people whom you trusted but would steal the moment they have the opportunity.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:54:00 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

My mother has a saying, "This too shall pass." It will, and probably just like the guy said, on the 26th of December. Well, maybe a little later than that- you have to think of the after Christmas sales...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 8:35:00 AM  
Blogger Lance said...

A new job and the hussel and bussel can be a mess. It'll get better. Just hang in there.
Merry Christmas, my friend, and God bless.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:10:00 PM  
Blogger KimPossible said...

I am so happy for you. That is sad that they are at work and have to steal. Why do people find it hard to work for what they want? That really burns me up. I think I am enraged because in Atlanta for the past couple of months people have been robbing convenient stores and shooting the workers in cold blood over food or drinks. That is just horrible. I am glad your situation was nothing like that and will never be because God is protecting you.

Anywho, enough of my soapbox. I am glad you are enjoying your job. The night shift is no joke. But you don't have long now. Keep up the good work. I am glad you are back. I love your posts.

Happy Friday. Drop by my blog spot today. Interesting post.

KimPossible

Friday, December 14, 2007 12:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a strong feeling that your current position is very stressful on you. So of course I will pray for you. =]

Let all that I am praise the Lord;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
2 Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.
3 He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
4 He redeems me from death
and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
5 He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!

Saturday, December 15, 2007 1:12:00 AM  
Blogger Lo Kelween said...

12 hours a day?! wow...you're a superman..

sorry to hear about the theft case, i guess it happens everywhere.

have a wonderful christmas and God bles :)

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Layout by Annette @ Show Them Through Me