Thursday, November 29, 2007

The End of the Tunnel

Over the last couple of months Annette and I have been struggling in our professional lives. At times, it seemed that there was no end in sight. Just as one bill was paid, another came up.

There were some people that questioned us leaving our previous jobs. Frankly, at times, I did the same thing myself. Deep down, we both knew that leaving is what God wanted. The longer we denied it, the harder it became for us to stay. I did not hate the job, it was the situation. I began to hate myself for allowing it to become as bad as it did.

We eventually took that step of faith and left. It was tough, our employers were also our friends. We did not feel as though they would understand. However, God's will was more important and He will always prevail.

So, we took that step and God has taken care of us. I would be lying if I said that I had remained stead-fast. Some days I would cry out in my heart, asking God why. Deep down, I always knew He had a reason. The problem was remembering that He had a reason and that it would be revealed to me in His time.

Then Annette got her job. This was good for us, but was hard for me. Her job was what I had been looking for. Again, I had to tell myself that God has His reasons.

The "Little Engine that could" kept chanting 'I think I can, I think I can'. Me, I had to chant in my head 'He has a reason, He has a reason'. There were days that made it almost impossible, the world had gotten to me. On those days Annette was the one saying it for me and reminding me.

Today, I was offered and accepted a job that I had been seeking. The funny thing is, I got the job through Annette's job. All the questions of why He gave her what I had wanted were answered. I just needed to remain faithful, He had a reason.

They actually offered me more money than I had been asking for. I would have taken it for less money, but they offered and it seemed rude not to turn it down. On the way home, I was going over the numbers in my head. With both our paychecks, we will be making a lot more than we were. Wow, that is God at work, there is just no other explanation.

4 Comments:

Blogger KimPossible said...

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff,

You don't know how your blog was just for me. I have been laid off since January of this year. I have little jobs here and there. I told God I didn't want to go back in Corporate America because I am really ready to do what I LOVE to do. I am not the cubicle type girl. I want to have my own business and venture out and do somethings I have put on hold forever.

I have been praying and fasting. Thank goodness my husband has a job. But, I must say that it is tight for us right now. I just realized that I have a problem with trusting God. I always try to figure things out for Him. I KNOW that He doesn't want me to go back in to Corporate America because it was too much of a comfort zone for me.

I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel but in the mean time. We DEF living from pay check to pay check. Somehow, we come out on top in that all of our bills get paid and we have food, etc.

I can honestly say that I haven't started to faint yet. I have asked Him to put us in the center of His will. I have went on so many interviews it is hard to keep count. And ALL of the interviews I have went on NONE of them has hired me. It was so many rejections that all I could do is laugh because I know He is up to something.

I think He is working patience in me. Which if something isn't happening quick enough for me. That is when I step out of bounds and try to fix it myself.

Your post has encouraged me to step back and watch what God is going to do. Take my paws off and let Him do what He always does. Come through. To be honest. I think my attitude during this whole season of not having a job has been better than other times he has taken my hubby and I through financial hardships. I would always have temper tantrums and really get upset with Him.

Now, I pray and read the bible and just cry out to Him and say "God you care about what I care about, and I need you to show up!"

So, I will keep you posted. But, please pray for me and my hubby.

I am elated for you and your wife. I had someone tell me a long time ago. "You gave up right before God was about to bless you."

Thanks again, you don't know that your blog was right on time and so for me today. Because my husband got paid today and the check is already gone because we had to pay bills.

My eyes strain to see what He is going to do in us through this and how is going to open up doors for us.

Thanks again.
KimPossible

Friday, November 30, 2007 10:04:00 PM  
Blogger Lance said...

God can work a miracle.
Blessings,
Lance
www.lancessoulsearching.com

Saturday, December 01, 2007 9:16:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There He goes ~

Jehovah Jireh, your Provider, doing what He does best.

Wow!

Thank You, Lord!

Congrats, Jeff! :)

Saturday, December 01, 2007 11:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! :D

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 7:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Layout by Annette @ Show Them Through Me