Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thankfulness

Sometimes in life we forget to stop and really think about our situation. I am very guilty of this. Some days I get down about my situation, where I am in life and what I have not accomplished.

With Thanksgiving this Thursday, it seems like my current situation does not leave me much to be thankful. However, I have to remember that there is always something. I have married the most wonderful lady. Things are not as bad as I make them out to be. Most of all, God has His hand in my life.

I received the following today. This lady is a friend from high school. Her letter reminded me that there is always something to thank God for. The words put everything in perspective for me. She said...

"I am thankful for my sister making the decision to donate one of her kidneys to me. It was 5 years ago today that I had my kidney transplant. I am thankful that I have been able to live a full and happy life and that I continue to do so. I am thankful for my friends, family, and my husband for all their love. I am thankful to God for everything he has blessed me with.

This is the time of year that everyone should stop and take a moment to think of what they are thankful for."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, even in our darkest days, we still have things to be thankful for. you're so blessed to have a sister so kind as her.

oh, btw, i kinda got confused with uhm.. "i'm thankful for my friends, family..." i thought i was reading your blog but then maybe it's annette's but no, it's really yours. well, i'm sure it's just a typo thing.

happy thanksgiving, jeff!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I don't get to stop by very often, so when I do, I have to play catch up. You have a wonderful blog here- so practical and relevant. I hope you lead or teach in some capacity at your church- you certainly have a gift for communicating and being a witness.
Many months ago now, our family was suddenly thrown into what could have been the most devestating of circumstances. I, in a state of near panic, prayed and asked God for His wisdom and strength. His reply was something that will stay with me for the rest of my life. "You can weep and wail over the circumstances you find yourself in, but if you do, it's just like telling Me that I don't know what I'm doing." It was at that moment that I finally understood what that verse about "peace that passeth understanding" was all about. And, it was here that I learned the importance of the reason for "being thankful in all things..."

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:09:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Noah and Lot both had great reason to be thankful. They walked with eyes of faith: seeing deliverance, salvation, and hope when there. was. none.
All based on a promise the Lord gave them.

May He grant you the forward-motion vision from His Word that will compel you to look up and beyond your immediate surroundings and to your Promised Land. :)

Then, you can declare with the psalmist:

"When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.

Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.

The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad." Psalm 126: 1-3

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Layout by Annette @ Show Them Through Me